Family Critical Illness Plan
When a serious diagnosis strikes, the support of your loved ones is invaluable. Add to that support the Family Critical Illness Plan which provides up to $300,000 in critical illness coverage. This flexible plan allows you to select the coverage that is right for you and your family with no medical required for sign up.
- Critical illness coverage for you and up to FIVE of your eligible family members.
- Qualify easily for coverage with no medical examination required when you sign up.
- Access up to $300,000 worth of coverage should you or any one of your covered family members is diagnosed with either cancer, heart attack, stroke, paralysis, major burns or coma.
- Enroll any time before the age of 60 (children must be enrolled prior to the age of 26).
- Permanently disabled children are covered up to age 75 once enrolled before age 26. Proof of disability is required upon enrolment.
- You and each of your covered family members are entitled to one lump sum payment for the life of the plan.
- Get a 50% refund on premiums if there has been no claim made on reaching 75.
Coverage under the Family Critical Illness Plan will discontinue:
- If you or any one of your covered family members chooses to terminate coverage.
- If you do not pay your premium before the end of the 31-day grace period provided.
- When you or any of your covered family members reaches the age of 75.
- After you or any of your covered family members has received payment from a claim.
- When a dependent child who is not permanently disabled and is covered under your plan reaches the age of 26 or marries, whichever comes first.
- Once you or any of your covered family members have passed away.
- If your Credit Union terminates the Group Insurance Policy.
You will not receive benefits if diagnosis of one of the covered critical illnesses is caused by:
- Willful self-inflicted injury or illness
- Drug and/or alcohol abuse
- Pre-existing conditions
- Committing or attempting to commit a crime or involvement in criminal activity
- Willful ingestion or inhalation of poisonous substances
- Bodily injury through external and violent means
- Injury, illness, or death resulting directly or indirectly from nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination
Your Family Critical Illness Plan Premium:
- Your Family Critical Illness Plan premium is calculated based on an age banded premium rate guide that is available at your credit union or Family Critical Illness Plan provider.
- Premiums for each person covered under the Family Critical Illness Plan will be determined by their age on the date of their application for coverage.
- The premium amount payable for each coverage amount applied for remains the same for that coverage amount throughout the lifetime of the Plan for each insured person.
Filing a claim:
- You must complete a Claim Form as proof of diagnosis to receive the critical illness benefit. The claim form must be accompanied by a detailed medical report signed by the attending specialist of the Insured Person. We may ask for additional proof or information to determine benefits.
Please note: To sign up, you must be a Credit Union member.
Visit our offices to complete the enrollment form.